Welcome To My Blog

The Art of Fine Metalwork and the Art of Empathy and Nonviolent Communication- woven together for you....

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pregnant Waiting

 I am a student of Biosynthesis a body oriented psychotherapy, and I also teach a process known as Nonviolent Communication, focusing particularly in my work on how to give and receive Empathy. Both systems put an emphasis on not "knowing " the answer for the person you're working with... who is sharing an experience or pain of some kind. It's having the capacity to wait, "pregnant waiting" and let things unfold, let things come up by themselves, and not jump in with my own insights  or musings, or worse, knowledge. How hard is that? Just to wait...

Can I apply this wisdom into my own life, and not be stressed to come up with an answer for it?

What's your experience?

This post was inspired by : "My Grandfather's Blessings" by Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D a heartfelt and touching account of her work and life as a doctor....well recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment