Welcome To My Blog

The Art of Fine Metalwork and the Art of Empathy and Nonviolent Communication- woven together for you....

Monday, December 13, 2010

Tears For A Forest



 This was written during the big fire in The Carmel Forests last week




Photos taken camping in the Carmel Forest In June 2010


Standing on a hill, in this forest
Only a week ago
Looking at the beauty
I felt a sense of expansion
Tranquility
Happiness
That only Nature can give you.
Hills
Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea
Peaceful
Clean (relatively)

And now-
Much of it's gone
The Trees
The Green
Many people's lives taken, tragically

" Don't it always seem to go-
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone?"

I regret
Not being there more
Regret
Not taking the children with me
Precious Forest
I cry for you
And myself
And all of us

No comments:

Post a Comment